Tuesday, August 30, 2011

message from Libya

Had some emails those linked to Libya... one about the Doctor who was released due to pressure via letter to Gaddafi from the cast of 'Yes Minister' and has contiued to work in Benghazi despite concerns that he may have been re arrested....

Dear Ian,

so kind of you to remember us.

Benghazi has of course had a more normal time for the last few months but it has been an anxious time.


So much unbelievable suffering and so much cruelty. The images are unbearable. I do hope the LIbyan people can have a good future now.


I can only thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that stirling work you do to help me free my husband.


Perhaps next time he visits family here we can arrange for him to meet you. He was always too afraid to stay for long in the past since he had been warned they would kill him if he did. After a few days he would become quite anxious.

My best wishes to you and your family.


Hopefully they face a less stressful future and his sons may be able to return to visit Libya

No comments:

Post a Comment